Things to avoid after the procedure
- Apply Vaseline to the treated area for at least 1 week before you shower.
- No make-up should be applied on the treated area within the first 5 days.
- No sun, soap, sauna, chlorinated pools or salt water for 2 weeks.
- If crusting appears on procedure area – DO NOT PICK OR PEEL.
- If the area becomes itchy, this is normal. Do not scratch the area.
- Do not touch pigmented area with fingertips, use earbuds only.
- Keep area moist by applying healing cream.
- No fruit acid cleansers or Retin A skin care products to be used for 1 month after the procedure. (If you are using these products for long periods of time it will fade the tattoo faster).
- Apply healing cream 2 times a day for 2 weeks and don’t pick or peel.
- Clear fluid may appear after the tattooing for up to 2 to 4 hours (this is normal). You will need to wipe firmly otherwise crusting or scabbing will appear, then re-apply the healing cream.
- Use plain warm water to clean the skin over the tattooed area, pat dry with a clean tissue then apply healing cream.
- No mascara for 7 days. When you start using mascara use a new tube.
- Use baby oil to remove your mascara.
- Use eye drops if needed for the first few days.
- No eyelash tinting/curling, perming or lash extensions for 2 weeks after the procedure
- After procedure, lips will tend to feel chapped and very dry.
- Apply healing cream as often as required for the first 3 days, then 4 times a day for up to 2 weeks.
- Apply with cotton tips only.
- Bleach your teeth for 4 weeks after procedure.
- No lip fillers for one month after lip procedure is completed.
- No wiping or licking lips.
- No kissing for at least 3 days.
- Moist lipstick can be worn after 4 days.
- If you are prone to cold sores take Famvir tablets or apply Zovirax cream.
- Full lip colour can take up to 4 weeks to settle. Don’t judge the colour before then.
- Colour may fade up to 50% after application. Lips may need second and third application.
Long term tattoo care
- Always protect your skin from the sun.
- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen on your tattooed area.
- If you plan to spend a lot of time in chlorinated water or salt water, apply a thin layer of Vaseline to protect the tattoo from being bleached.
- Refresh tattooing every 2 to 4 years.
- Colours will appear darker and the shape more defined straight after procedure. The colours will become softer and lighter in 3 to 10 days.
- To actually determine the colour, it is best to wait 3-4 weeks before making an touch up appointment.
- Brows and eyes will lighten by 30 %.
- Lip liner will lighten by 40 %.
- Full lip will lighten by 50 % within the first 3 days, but within three weeks the colour will return.
- Medical/camouflage will lighten by 50 %.
- Low iron levels affect the colour intensity
Skin needling and Collagen induction therapy
- No make-up on the area for one day.
- Avoid sun exposure
- Do not use moisturizers with retinol, glycolic acid or perfumes for 3 days.
- Collagen activation will take 6 weeks.
- Collagen activation will need 4 weekly intervals.
- Healing cream should be applied 2 times a day for 2 weeks.
- Apply Vaseline before showering for 1 week.