Cosmetic tattoo procedures
Cosmetic tattoo procedures
Things to avoid after the procedure
- Apply Vaseline to the treated area for at least 1 week before you shower. (unless shower visor is worn)
- No make-up should be applied on the treated area within the first 5 days.
- No sun, soap, sauna, chlorinated pools or salt water for 2 weeks.
- If crusting appears on procedure area – DO NOT PICK OR PEEL.
- If the area becomes itchy, this is normal. Do not scratch the area.
- Do not touch pigmented area with fingertips, use earbuds onl
- Apply healing cream twice daily. Not too much!
- No fruit acid cleansers or Retin A skin care products to be used for 1 month after the procedure. (If you are using these products for long periods of time it will fade the tattoo faster).
- Apply healing cream 2 times a day for 2 weeks and don’t pick or peel.
- Clear fluid may appear after the tattooing for up to 2 to 4 hours (this is normal). You will need to wipe firmly otherwise crusting or scabbing will appear, then re-apply the healing cream.
- Use plain warm water to clean the skin over the tattooed area, pat dry with a clean tissue then apply healing cream.
- No mascara for 7 days. When you start using mascara use a new tube.
- Use baby oil to remove your mascara.
- Use eye drops if needed for the first few days.
- No eyelash tinting/curling, perming or lash extensions for 2 weeks after the procedure.
- No lash serums for at least one month prior to procedure.
- After procedure, lips will tend to feel chapped and very dry.
- Apply healing cream as often as required for the first 3 days, then 4 times a day for up to 2 weeks.
- Apply with cotton tips only.
- Bleach your teeth for 4 weeks after procedure.
- No lip fillers for one month after lip procedure is completed.
- No wiping or licking lips.
- No kissing for at least 3 days.
- Moist lipstick can be worn after 4 days.
- If you are prone to cold sores take Famvir tablets or apply Zovirax cream.
- Full lip colour can take up to 4 weeks to settle. Don’t judge the colour before then.
- Colour may fade up to 50% after application. Lips may need second and third application.
Long term tattoo care
- Always protect your skin from the sun.
- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen on your tattooed area.
- If you plan to spend a lot of time in chlorinated water or salt water, apply a thin layer of Vaseline to protect the tattoo from being bleached.
- Refresh tattooing every 2 to 4 years.
- Colours will appear darker and the shape more defined straight after procedure. The colours will become softer and lighter in 3 to 10 days.
- To actually determine the colour, it is best to wait 3-4 weeks before making an touch up appointment.
- Brows and eyes will lighten by 30 %.
- Lip liner will lighten by 40-70 %.
- Full lip will lighten by 50-70 % within the first 3 days, but within three weeks the colour will return.
- Medical/camouflage will lighten by 50 %.
- Low iron levels affect the colour intensity
- Areola recolouring/ creation.
- Healing cream should be applied 2 times a day for 2 weeks.
Skin needling and Collagen induction therapy
- No make-up on the area for one day.
- Avoid sun exposure
- Do not use moisturizers with retinol, glycolic acid or perfumes for 3 days.
- Collagen activation will take 6 weeks.
- Collagen activation will need 4 weekly intervals.
- 4 treatments are recomended 5 weeks apart for optimal results.
Wait until your scabs have fallen off. You may resume activities immediately after any Plasma Pen treatment but may not look your complete best during the healing process (usually 3 to 7 days)
- The formation of brown/black crusts on the skin surface will occur. Do not pick pick them – these crusts will fall off in a few days
- For the first night or two, if you have had a facial treatment, you may wish to sleep on your back to avoid brushing your face on your pillow
- Keep your scabs/crusts moist by applying aloe vera up to three times per day. This will provide relief from any tendency to itch and expedite the healing process
- Occasional weeping will settle
- There may be some swelling – especially around the eyes and periorbital region. Swelling for 1 to 5 days post-treatment is normal and to be expected.
- The treatment may be moderately uncomfortable and sensitive depending on where you are being treated – especially eyelid procedures where the skin is at its thinnest. Our device and our super-fine probes allow technicians to work more quickly and efficiently which minimises potential discomfort for you but this all depends on your own sensitivities and tolerances to start with
- The area treated must not be covered with plasters, occlusive dressing or any type of make-up, mascara, creams or any other product until the area has fully healed (except specific products we recommend and which are available both from us/your technician)
- Taking Vitamin C supplements over the course of your healing process can give your immune system a big boost which will help you to repair. Anti-inflammatory and anti-histamine medication can also help
- Consider the use of topical anti-oxidants to fight sun damage such as a Vitamin C serum. The use of citrus juice, aloe vera and soy are cited by some as good ingredients for preventing hyperpigmentation
- Avoid smoking
- Men should avoid shaving over any area that has been treated until the skin has fully healed
- Once healed, you must use factor 50 sunscreen when out and about for at least 12 weeks and you should avoid sunbeds and sunbathing
- It is highly unlikely you will ever get an infection from a Plasma Pen treatment as the wound we cause isn’t open. However, with any skin rejuvenation treatment, we are not in control of what you do when you leave and you should be aware that the first 12 hours is always the period of risk for you to get any kind of infection so please avoid activities where you could get dirty!
- We recommend not exercising straight after a treatment because any heat, steam or sweat could add to the inflammation that’s already present